Schlitter Encore review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
There's an emerging discussion around the Encore over at bentrider, if you're interested, @Alf

Alf

Guru
Thanks for that! Will keep up with that thread.
I have had limited time working on mine so it is still in progress. I had something of a shock when fitting the chainset and front derailleur: I have got used to a Shimano 105 triple and a 12-27 cassette which gives nice close gear changes and a low gear for the odd 20% hill (one or two around here). I had an unused FSA triple (52 39 30) so I fitted that and promptly found that the mech hit the frame in a position that would not get near the inner ring. I eventually found that (probably) this chainset needed spacers on the BB cups. I fitted 5mm worth of spacers which has brought the inner ring into roughly the right position but will have to wait until I have the cables and chain fitted before I know whether it works or not.
I would be disappointed to have to buy a new chainset and cassette if the triple doesn't work. The Schlitter website does not imply any restrictions like this. I suppose most of the US buyers have bought complete bikes with doubles but there is one picture on that thread which looks like a triple chainset. Will follow that up if my problem persists.
Alf

Sailorsi

Recumbents - Exercise whilst lying down
Great review, I have been looking at the Encore or similar high racer recumbent. Thanks for the honest comments. It looks fantastic and I bet rides even better! Please keep us posted. Regards.

Top Bottom