School - 1960 - 2007

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Dave, mate :smile:, once in school i asked the teacher if 'we' the class if we could go a bit earlier (as he used to do anyway)...Ive never been so embarrassed with what happened next...

Once in school (these are all secondary recollections) I for some reason was asked to go and stand outside the headteachers office...I was there for 3days...

I'm not bothered by the 2nd one but the 1st i would have liked to sort the teacher concerned now but sadly the mans not here as far as im aware.

I got plenty of whackings as a kid and I feel I DEFINATELY know the difference between the correct avenue in life AND the in-correct way of life. If I was to get a whacking from the school which I never did but it was always from the parents (and I dont mind the fact whatsoever) because I know I came out of it all adjusted with high morals and a bloody great sense of right+wrong..now you could write a book on this Dave5N but I'll argue till im dead that at the end of the day a line has to be drawn be it mentally, verbally or physically.

The latter usually gets results.

And as much as you could preach whatever with regards to PC'ness etc...you can shove that as far you can muster up your arse !

hubgearfreak

Über Member
yenrod said:
mentally, verbally or physically.

The latter usually gets results.

And as much as you could preach whatever with regards to PC'ness etc...you can shove that as far you can muster up your arse !

there speaks a person who's been taught to be reasonable and not that aggression is the way to resolve conflict.

well done for proving daves point:becool:

I was given the slipper fairly frequently at boarding school (usually across the palm of the hand but occasionally on the bare arse), normally for things like talking in the dorm after lights out. The worst part about it was that whoever was administering the punishment used to ask to borrow your slipper.
I've turned out to be one of the most laid back non - violent people in Britain, with a healthy knowledge of right and wrong. I know this is a cliche, but I honestly can't say it did me any harm. If I had my time again, I wouldn't change that part of my upbringing.
Of course, if I had kids of my own (which, praise be, I haven't) I might feel differently about it happening to them, but I'd like to think not.

Well, I agree with you there, I've never been a big fan of bullies. I suppose the thing I remember (and this really is a cliche) is the sense that it hurt the person administering the punishment more than it hurt me. I really did feel that at the time. If it had just been a matter of bullying or abuse of power I'd be with you, but it honestly didn't feel like that and still doesn't.

hubgearfreak

Über Member
Dave5N said:
Nah, I always hated having people hit me safe in the knowledge that I couldn't or wouldn't hit back.

I ALWAYS hit back now.

again

hubgearfreak said:
there speaks a person who's been taught to be reasonable and not that aggression is the way to resolve conflict.

well done for proving daves point:becool:

Top Bottom