Schools discourage fitness & encourage obesity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
You should get out more :tongue:

Jonathan M

Hah, if my sons school or the local education authority try this, I'll have them for disability discrimination. I can't drive due to a brain tumour at the moment, so biking is the only way I can get my 9 year old to school when it is my turn to do so. If they "ban" it, then I'll see them in court!!

OK, kidding about the last bit, but we do a 6 mile round trip and the fact is he is earlier than anyone else, because we don;t get caught at all the traffic hotspots.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
My lads school has just installed new glass dome type bike shed with lockers for helmets etc.Also the council has installed a cycle lane along the road that leads to the school.

Jonathan M

Banjo said:
My lads school has just installed new glass dome type bike shed with lockers for helmets etc.Also the council has installed a cycle lane along the road that leads to the school.

Hmm, yeah, our council did that, made a big song & dance about the increase in mileage of their cycle lanes, within 6 months they had removed over half the markings and placed pedestrian islands in the middle of the road (about 4 in less than a mile) thus creating pinch points that mean bikes vs motorised users is always going to happen on that route. Oh, nearly forgot, what cycle lanes there are run to the local high school, then stop, they don't run the extra few hundred yards to get them to my sons primary school.

Top Bottom