Schools out - Yippee!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The schools are off for the summer here in Glasgow. What a difference it makes to the roads. :smile:

I enjoy passing all the stationary cars in the morning, but it is much better when the roads are quiet and I can whizz along the road!

I really love the school holidays! :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
School holidays are great until you want to go somewhere like the cinema, shopping or a restaurant. It's hell everywhere for a few weeks with fecking stinky kids everywhere, little bastards....

Maz

Guru
Schools have broken up already? Lucky git...you can book a relatively cheap holiday/cottage/whatever before the price hike in a few weeks! :smile:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Used to be the worst time of year when I was on the off-road paths to work - kids hanging around, playing chicken with the cyclists, lobbing bottles at cyclists etc etc.

Now that I'm a roadie it'll make no difference to me at all, apart from no more school-run Mums :tongue:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Fossyant, your wrong. I'm off till September now:biggrin: But i finished properly last week i think, maybe the week before. Cant remember, but was off for 2 weeks before that.
Ahhh the stress:biggrin:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well we don't break up for another 3 1/2 weeks yet... I must get around to organising the hols rather than some vague notes for different weeks. As I work term time only I don't notice the difference the holidays make (other than I'm not working:biggrin:).

Top Bottom