Schools out - Yippee!

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by magnatom, 1 Jul 2008.

1. magnatom

magnatom Guest

The schools are off for the summer here in Glasgow. What a difference it makes to the roads. :smile:

I enjoy passing all the stationary cars in the morning, but it is much better when the roads are quiet and I can whizz along the road!

I really love the school holidays! :tongue::biggrin::biggrin:

2. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

School holidays are great until you want to go somewhere like the cinema, shopping or a restaurant. It's hell everywhere for a few weeks with fecking stinky kids everywhere, little bastards....

3. Maz

Maz Guru

Schools have broken up already? Lucky git...you can book a relatively cheap holiday/cottage/whatever before the price hike in a few weeks! :smile:

4. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Used to be the worst time of year when I was on the off-road paths to work - kids hanging around, playing chicken with the cyclists, lobbing bottles at cyclists etc etc.

Now that I'm a roadie it'll make no difference to me at all, apart from no more school-run Mums :tongue:

5. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

They are still at school for another 2.5 weeks here !!!

6. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

Fossyant, your wrong. I'm off till September now:biggrin: But i finished properly last week i think, maybe the week before. Cant remember, but was off for 2 weeks before that.
    Ahhh the stress:biggrin:

7. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

Edinburgh schools finished last Friday. My daughter's off now for 7 weeks.

8. summerdays

summerdays Cycling in the sun Moderator

Well we don't break up for another 3 1/2 weeks yet... I must get around to organising the hols rather than some vague notes for different weeks. As I work term time only I don't notice the difference the holidays make (other than I'm not working:biggrin:).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice