Schwalbe Kojaks advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spennie

Veteran
Hi all. I'm thinking of getting some Kojaks for my Ice sprint and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I'm looking for a tyre to use in Spring and Autumn( summer riding is done on my Ice Sprint X with pro one tyres).I only ride on roads and I'm looking for a tyre which has a low rolling resistant's , fairly good puncture protection and are quite comfy to ride on. At the moment I'm using Schwalbe durano, which need replacing .

iluvmybike

Über Member
I have the Schwalbe Marathons - pretty bombproof. They are heavier than the Kojaks and Durano but p****ures are not an issue

chriswoody

Legendary Member
After trying several different tires I've settled on using Kojaks year round, on my folding bike for several years now. I commute daily with the bike and really get on with them, much lighter and easier rolling than other tires I've tried. I've also had barely any issues with punctures in the last years despite commuting through the city as well as light gravel cycle tracks. I've got no intentions of changing them for any other tires as long as I can still buy them in 20 inch size.

I wonder why they call them 'Kojak' as all I can think of is a bald detective series from the seventies which doesn't really inspire as the name of a tyre.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I used Kodak’s about 7 years ago and didn’t find them that puncture resistant. But I know there’s a new version since then. My current favourite in small wheel size is the Continental Contact urban which is 32mm in 406 size. Rolls well and been happy with puncture protection year round.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I wonder why they call them 'Kojak' as all I can think of is a bald detective series from the seventies which doesn't really inspire as the name of a tyre.

Because they are bald?

Screenshot_2023-12-11_20-47-48.png

My point was the term 'bald' when applied to tyres is normally negative, i.e. worn out and dangerous. Slick is something used to promote tyres without tread. I guess it was lost in translation from German or Korean.

knowledge_700px-short_bald.jpg

cwskas

Über Member

You nailed it! They are slicks, no tread, bald.
Hi all. I'm thinking of getting some Kojaks for my Ice sprint and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them? I'm looking for a tyre to use in Spring and Autumn( summer riding is done on my Ice Sprint X with pro one tyres).I only ride on roads and I'm looking for a tyre which has a low rolling resistant's , fairly good puncture protection and are quite comfy to ride on. At the moment I'm using Schwalbe durano, which need replacing .

One of the trikes I purchased had Kodaks on them. They were great, and fast, on smoother surfaces, but did wear more in my case. I use the Marathon Plus tires now.

Top Bottom