Schwalbe Lugano Folding Tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockyraccoon

Veteran
I've been thinking about ordering a pair of Lugano tyres. The reviews are not bad considering its price. I was wondering whether anyone has had any experience with them or not. Basically I'd like to know about performance on dry and wet roads, puncture resistance, etc..

I ruled them out, as a review I read said that they weren't very compliant (read, slow rolling) and bought some Lithion 2 's for 2 quid less a tyre.

amaferanga

Veteran
I ride Pro 3 Race or Krylion Carbon for training. Since most of my riding is training I don't see the point in riding crappy cheap tyres.

OP
OP
rockyraccoon

rockyraccoon

Veteran
Thanks... I was looking for a cheap replacement. I'm going to invest some Michelin or Continental instead. Cheers

Glover Fan

I have standard Luganos on my Focus, they came with the bike, have done 1200 miles and had one p****** that was flint induced.

Don't have any other experience to compare them with, but I wont be buying them again just because I can afford better.

e-rider

crappy member
Luganos are perfectly good training/commuting tyres and there is no need to spend more! For racing however, you might want a faster, lighter tyre (which will cost you more)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It all depends on the roads you ride, i used to have luganos and they were getting ripped to shreds and i had a week where i had a flat every single day.

Switched to gator skins and i average a flat every couple of months .

Part of my route uses a cycle path that is strewn with debris from passing lorries ranging from glass to bits of metal, shredded tyres and mudgaurds etc etc.

lay

I bought some blizzards - puncture 1st outing, wasnt happy...the blizzard is pretty much the same tyre. I've recently had some Lugano's for only about 3months and they worn..which I wasnt happy about at all. YET they are grippy, hence the wear factor. Ive heard Continental's are slightly harder in compound + are wider in diameter for bigger rims.

Top Bottom