Schwalbe Marathon Plus v Land Cruiser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Polite

Über Member
Anyone have any know how about the above, are Land Cruiser suitable for touring and as puncture proof as the Marathon Plus.

Thanks.

Hardrock93

Veteran
I've had many punctures on my Land Cruiser shod MTB. The upside is they are very easy to get on and off the rim, so repair takes just a few minutes. However, the novelty of this process is wearing off, so I've decided to give Slime a try.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm sure I have land cruisers on one of my bikes, and the fairy was really kind to me last year and didn't visit me at all!

shadow master

The land cruiser has only level 3 protection,marathon plus has the highest level,level 6.marathon plus are about as good as they get.

T4tomo

Guru
I run land cruisers on my station hack mountain bike and marathons on the brompton. LC's rely on a thick rubber band around the centre of the tyre for protection rather than a Keller liner or anything sophisticated. That said if you are going off road much then the LC is far better than the Marathon for grip in a bit of muddy stuff, yet still decent on the road.

If on road only then marathons everytime.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I've had many punctures on my Land Cruiser shod MTB. The upside is they are very easy to get on and off the rim, so repair takes just a few minutes. However, the novelty of this process is wearing off, so I've decided to give Slime a try.

And on the other hand, I can never remember having a puncture on a Marathon plus and I never have a problem fitting them. I use plastic tyre levers.

Stantheman

I have marathon plus and in the last six months have had one puncture, it was a shard of glass that got through. They are excellent tyres in my opinion.

Top Bottom