Schwalbe snow tyre disaster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So there I am at about midnight-thirty last night, pootling home in the fog, when at the foot of the second hill climb of the morning, the Schwalbe blew off the rim and threw out the inner tube. That in turn was speared by the brake block.

I'd reinflated them that morning, up towards max pressure, now that the snow has gone. It was clearly too much for it (the tyre came off the rim again this morning when I got it up to 45 psi).

I've no idea what made it choose that particular spot. I'd cycled in to work up a really steep hill and a couple of shorter stiff lumps. And on the way home, already taken a mile-long uphill jaunt.

Was really glad it was relatively warm last night. I shall abandon any attempt to maximise speed until the sun shines again.

(This is a graphic representation of what sunshine looks like. Younger readers may not have experienced it. :sun: Looks good doesn't it)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Leave them low....... I just swap BIKES.... cheaper less messy option........... :tongue:

There has been plenty of :sun: but not warm enough for :becool: more :ph34r: :cold:

Top Bottom