Schwalbe Valves(SV15)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Anyone using Schwalbe inner tubes, in particular SV15, should check the valve is in properly.
Had some SV15 inner tubes that needed to have the valve tightened before use.
Just the other day I suffered a puncture(first in years), put a brand new(out of the box) inner tube in, pumped it up, then when removing the pump the valve tried to escape.
Tried hand tightening but this failed to solve the problem.
Fortunately, I carry spare valves and a valve tool, so I could tighten the valve properly and be on my way.

Should say thanks to the cyclist who enquired if I was OK and if I had the things needed to sort out a puncture, he might remember me as I was wearing a long sleeve cyclechat jersey.

It is nice when someone checks you are OK

I always try to think to check after someone saved me a long walk when I didn;t have any patches that worked (new ones off ebay - rubbish) and 'lent' me a self adhesive one

I did stop with one person who had a puncture and, on opening his 'fully equipped' rescue kit - found he had somehow lost the tyre levers from it!!!

Oh - and a young lady whose chain had jammed itself off the cogs when she first tried to get first gear - brute force required to fix it
recommended she got the bike ( a fairly nice Boardman MTB) checked out at the LBS - she had got it cheap from a friend (???)

so I feel I am up at the moment - but you are ever half a ride away from a long walk home!

Top Bottom