Scilly Isles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I know that it is not really a cycling sort of place, but has anyone on here visited the Scilly Isles? I have often thought of going there, and recently watching a programme about it, has reminded me how wonderful it looks.

I do not want baking hot weather, but pleasant weather to explore without several layers of fleeces. Perhaps late May. Has anyone got any suggestions, or advice.

OP
OP
Speicher

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Yes, I have just been looking at prices on the internet, perhaps I should go to the Azores or the Seychelles instead :tongue:.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I can thoroughly recommend Corsica - we went in the Autumn, but I expect late spring would be great. Beaches, mountains, good food and wine. PM me if you want more detailed info.
Oh - Sardinia's quite nice too. And Sicily.

johnny

The Scilly's are great! Get the Scilonian ferry over, take a tent, a few books and take it easy. I usually head over there for a couple of long weekends in May, weather tends to be pretty good and it is still nice and quiet. Any early season visit also means that the Islanders are not quite as jaded as they are later in the year after the mass invasion that takes place. It is a special place and well worth a visit.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I used to know a bloke from the Scilly Isles. If he ever saw a woman with muscular legs, he would say "Gurt big thodders on the maid". Used to make me laugh, anyway. :smile:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Keith Oates said:
Some say you should call them The Isles of Scilly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But that would be Scilly ridiculous:biggrin:

I've been there for a couple of diving holidays, staying on St Martin and it was lovely and peaceful, beautiful scenery etc. Not sure what I would have made of it without the diving to do - I think 4-5 days would be plenty. If you're happy sitting around, reading etc you might be fine, but it's all so small, you'll be able to walk around any of the islands in a day, and some a lot less than that.

Top Bottom