Scorchio!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
nosherduke996 said:
It doesn,t come any better than this for cycling. Who wants to go abroad, if only it was like this for six 11 months of the year.
Pure HEAVEN

FTFY - I'll allow heavy snow in the lead up to Dec 25th - to add excitement to the juniors of this country...

Norm

Arch said:
I've been virtually topless all afternoon (well, no tee-shirt - I have been at home, indoors).
Oh, dear. I do hope chap has his tablets near at hand when he reads that. :wacko:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I did 101 miles today in 26 deg heat :wacko:
Drank gallons of liquid! I also now have a very sill looking cyclist's 'tan' in my arms/not on my hands/on the ends of my fingers.

I say 'tan' because it's sort of red at the moment (I did cover myself in sun cream, btw). For some reason I also have two stripes of red on my legs, which looks a bit odd :laugh:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Todays ride happened to find itself in Castleton..... as I said to the mrs. "It would be a shame to come here on the hottest day of the year, and not try and ride up Winnats pass".

Bugger me, but it was hot on that road. There wasn't a breath of air to be had that wasn't baking hot in the gap between the cliffs.

Didn't quite make it this time, got to the last really steep bit, and there was nothing left in the legs, bailed out and turned round. Sat in the carpark at the caverns and had an icecream instead.

Just have to try again later on this year.

darkstar

this weather has been truly depressing. it's always the case though, when you have to revise, the weather is always nice. I've been stuck indoors for the past few days reading up on social status :becool: I can also guarantee that come the 5th June, once exams are over, it will suddenly start to rain!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Hottest ever for this time of year here in Ontario - in the high twenties - too hot really for digging and planting, which is what I was doing today... and I got a very sunburned back. Wish I had been more careful...

Arch

Married to Night Train
threebikesmcginty said:
Just taken some stuff up into the loft - no exaggerating, it must have been a million degrees up there!

Sure? I think maybe it was literally a million and a half....:laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just back from cub camp...that was a belter.....

Thought it was freezing last night...slept in sleeping bag (in a tent) with a t-shirt, jumper and waterproof top..........:laugh: wasn't....I'd obviously got too much sun whilst making sure the cubs were OK and topped up with sun lotion - a 3 week Turkish sun tan does not always help.....especially when you don't top up.

Top Bottom