Scorpion questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I've got the Street Machine and recommend it without hesitation. It's not the lightest thing around but it will certainly meet your speed requirements. And it also has the big advantage that if you ever want to do some full blown touring, it is designed exactly for that.

OP
OP
D

davidwalton

Andy in Sig said:
I've got the Street Machine and recommend it without hesitation. It's not the lightest thing around but it will certainly meet your speed requirements. And it also has the big advantage that if you ever want to do some full blown touring, it is designed exactly for that.

Lightest isn't always best, especially if you need to carry any sort of weight. Rather have something a little heavier that can cope easily than making something fit what I require, but not designed for.

foggy

i have the scorpion it has the skinny tyres mudguards rear rack in fact it is the first scorpion that was imported by kinetics and boy does it go i have used it for touring and camping i also tow a two seater childs trailer loaded with 3 peoples camping gear it has a three speed hub combined with an 8 speed cassett twin disc brakesa hard shell seat to which i fitted a head rest try kinetics for info on the hpv recumbents it is made in aircraft grade aluminium

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Lol. Welcome Foggy. TBH, if DavidWalton was planning to buy one next year, and next year was actually last year, chances are he's either bought, or not spending.
Annoyingly, the slide against the Euro means these things rocketed in price recently.

Glad to hear you're getting on well with the Scorpion though. Looks to be a lovely piece of kit, and I love my SMGTe. Very envious of your locale though. Nice and flat out there. My legs + spending habits + Kent dictate a lighter steed.

Top Bottom