Scott centric plus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

macky

ive just bought a Scott centric plus skid lid with the new MIPS brain protection system.
Anyone got one? I haven't rode in it yet but it feels a good snug fit.

vickster

Legendary Member
If a helmet is comfortable for you, that's all that counts. Make sure it's properly adjusted.

It should be well made at nearly £150 :ohmy: I would also expect a good damage replacement policy if spending that much!

OP
OP
macky

macky

But at the end of the day your head is important and needs protection. Hopefully it's a good lid. It's replaced a £30 lid that I never felt was a good fit and rattled, on tight and it was to tight. Time will tell

vickster

Legendary Member
But at the end of the day your head is important and needs protection. Hopefully it's a good lid. It's replaced a £30 lid that I never felt was a good fit and rattled, on tight and it was to tight. Time will tell
You're paying for weight, styling and branding, not necessarily an enhanced level of protection

Some will argue that polystyrene Cycling helmets offer no particular protection. But that's a discussion for another place!

My £50 Uvex helmet fits me very well, I tried a lot on before settling on it, including high cost models from other manufacturers

What standards does the Scott comply to? The info doesn't appear to be anywhere

Last edited:
Top Bottom