Scott CR1 Team Compact - anyone got one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul_L

Über Member
I'm about to order one of these as an insurance replacement for my Trek 3.1 Madone which was written off in a crash last week.

I was perfectly happy with the Trek, but this isn't available from the shop dealing with it. I'm also happy to get something different. This seems to be the best i can find for the budget, gets good reviews, got good gear on it, and looks the business.

Anyone got one and what feedback do you have?

You've got till 10am tomorrow morning to change my mind.

A mate of mine had a CR1 until recently, (not sure which spec it was TBH).

He was always very happy with it and only sold it as he treated himself to a new Scott F01L :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Paul_L

Paul_L

Über Member
What are your other options?

Specialized Tarmac Elite

Giant TCR Comp 1

Giant Defy Comp 1

Canondale Supersix

I've already got another Spesh for my winter bike and don't want my garage to become a Spesh collection. I've never been keen on the Giants (no real reason apart from gut feel) even thought they have Ultegra on it, so really it's a straight choice between the Scott and Cannondale. The Cannondale looks a lovely looking bike but it's got SRAM Apex gear on it, and i've always had Shimano. Again, no real preference, just familiarity.

Glover Fan

Then I guess the Scott is your only real option, although I'm not sure what is wrong with having 2 specialized bikes! I agree with the Giant though, I find them bland, common and boring. No real rational reason not to get one though!

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Personally speaking I would take the Tarmac Elite out of all you have listed and do not see the issue with having two Specialized bikes. The latest Tarmac is an exceptional bike and was only over shadowed with regards to press releases by the Venge's headline grabbing relationship with McLaren and Cav... its an incredible bike imho
The Tarmac is also a lot stiffer than the Scott which feels a little soft by comparison, the chain stays are pretty thin which induce flex and sap power, If you try and climb hills in a big gear it really shows this up. Not to say its a bad bike, I personally like stiffness.
I would buy the best bike irrespective of brand.

Top Bottom