Scottish bike show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moby Jones

Going along to the Scottish bike today with my brother. Is anyone else going. I hope to take some photos and will report back later today.
I went last year and was disappointed, hope this year is better. There is supposed to be a lot more exhibitors and stands.
Hopefully I can pick up a few pieces of kit cheaply.

snorri

Legendary Member
The guy giving the show preview on BBC Scotland radio yesterday provided just about the least informative and most puke inducing report I have ever heard on the BBC. :sad::sad:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I went last year and was disappointed, hope this year is better.

+1.
Last year was perhaps the biggest waste of an entrance fee to the SECC I have ever seen :angry:. Combine that with the expense of getting there, and I wasn't planning to go this year. In the unlikely event that it is a huge improvement on last year, I could be tempted to go up tomorrow. So I await your report, and will of course blame you if I go and it turns out to be crap :laugh:.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Personally not worth the entrance fee. I am not really into mountain or bmx bikes and the rest was just like looking round Halfords or the local LBS. No better than last year in my opinion.

Thanks for saving me a tenner or whatever the entrance fee is this year; and the train fare too (I never drive to SECC, parking is such a rip-off). :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Moby Jones

Moby Jones

Well popped along with my brother to the bike show today. It was slightly better than last year, but still nothing to get excited about. Some nice bikes on display but not a lot of bargains to be had. I did come away with two bottle cages, a set of smart lights and a water bottle. Oh i got a free can of energy drink.
My ticket cost me £10 including booking fee.
I took a few pics on my phone

Attachments

• IMAG0316.jpg
    IMAG0316.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0317.jpg
    IMAG0317.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0318.jpg
    IMAG0318.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • IMAG0319.jpg