Scottish Time Trials - what do I need and how to enter ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm toying with the idea of riding some TT's this year but after various perusals of the Scottish Cycling website I'm a bit lost, not least because SC seems to class time trials the same as road races and every link seems to put you onto the BC road racing calendar.
Anyway, my questions...
Do I need to be a BC member and if so what metal ?
Do I need a licence and if so provisional or full ?
How do I enter ? Is there a postal form or do I have to pay the £1 extra to enter online ?
How does the SVTTA fit in ?
Are there any other TT's other than those promoted under SC rules ?

(Life was an awful lot simpler - and cheaper ! - riding RTTC events in England 30 years ago...)

screenman

Legendary Member
Have you thought of joining a club? that way you can ride them and maybe help on one to put a little back.

OP
OP
Flick of the Elbow
Yes I'm in a club. Don't want to ask on the club forum as I'm just toying with the idea at the mo.
And yes I've more than paid my dues over the years re putting a little back.

oldroadman

Veteran
SCU runs TT in Scotland. CTT are looking for a foothold but wisely SCU are in charge in the main. All their events are listed on the BC website, alongside road races, sportives registered with BC. Just search on a date and location/key words. Shame BC don't run TT in England and Wales, maybe there would be less obsession with "fast" (often dangerous with traffic) courses, and more focus on winning/bettering your own performance.

Top Bottom