SCR fun

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I have never had an experience where I have had someone contend to beat me.
I was cycling on the road and had just come off a small roundabout. There is a new raised section of shared use path on my left overlooking a harbour. I notice a cyclist going along on a road bike and pass him with ease.
Just as I glance to my left, he is speeding up and pulling along side me. I decide that I am not going to have this and (even on my steel road bike with full panniers) I speed up to about 22mph and leave him for dust (doing 18mph when I originally passed him). I did notice that he got held behind some peds though so I dont know if I technically cheated.

It was still fun giving this guy (who was older than me and had a bike with carbon forks and an alloy frame) a run for his money though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good man! Scalping someone is great, but sticking it to them on a fully laden commuter is particularly satisfying.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I have never had an experience where I have had someone contend to beat me.
I was cycling on the road and had just come off a small roundabout. There is a new raised section of shared use path on my left overlooking a harbour. I notice a cyclist going along on a road bike and pass him with ease.
Just as I glance to my left, he is speeding up and pulling along side me. I decide that I am not going to have this and (even on my steel road bike with full panniers) I speed up to about 22mph and leave him for dust (doing 18mph when I originally passed him). I did notice that he got held behind some peds though so I dont know if I technically cheated.

It was still fun giving this guy (who was older than me and had a bike with carbon forks and an alloy frame) a run for his money though.

You'll grow out of it.
In my experience, not until you are at least 42.
:smile:

markharry66

Über Member
sounds fun putting peds in danger on a shared path :sad:

Top Bottom