Screaming??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

catwoman

I used to get people hanging out of their windows yelling "ORANGES!" at me when the Tango advertiing campaign was on telly. Not funny at all and used to make me almost jump out of my skin.
Usually if I get yelled at these days it's something offensive in a sexist kind of way :sad: or it's not yelled but spoken in a more witty sexist kind of way "That's a lucky saddle" :ohmy:
More common is people I know in their cars seeing me and beeping their horns at me to say hello. This happens usually when they are either just behind me or alongside. Again, makes me almost jump out of my skin and I usually have to ask them not to do that again when I see them next. I've inadvertently (instinctively almost) given one or two of them the finger! :smile:

Plax

Guru
I've had it a few times. One van driver passenger used to do it a lot (stuff like, give us your hand love, I'll pull you up the hill). I just ignored him, I think it was meant to be funny.

The only other time was a couple of days ago, presumably as there was a horse box with a tail back coming towards us, and he didn't have enough space to squeeze past me. He beeped and the passenger shouted something as they drove past. In this instance I automatically made a rude gesture at him.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Cab said:
Once again, its all about the fact that you're on a bike and they have small penises. Really. They've got rather insular world views, they're so insecure that they try to get reassurance from each other by being nasty to people who fall into different groups. As racism is now mostly denied to them, they'll go for cyclists or anyone else who they see as a soft target.

Pity them, they're all utterly humiliated every time they take their pants off.

Just so. I bet no-one has had this experience with a solitary numbskull. They are so devoid of quality stimulation in their sad, pointless existencies that they feel a need to prove a loyalty to other similar sub-orders.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
These nutcases have always been around and I would advice just to totally ignore them as it makes them feel even more pathetic. It is relatively rare in my rural area and think is more of an urban thing and the stress of city life.

mikeitup

Veteran
happens to me regularly on my evening rides.
Usually blokes in tiny little cars with lots of spoiler things on and noisy engines although it was the female passengers who yelled at me t'other night.

I just ignore them :smile:

trio25

Über Member
In October I had something worse than this though when a passenger leaned out of a car and clapped my bum. I couldn't get the number plate as I was too busy trying not to crash into the wall at the side of the road.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Always blooming happens when either... you won't catch them, you are outnumbered 5-1, or you have your best bike and carbon shoes on.... although a good slap on the tin roof is enough to scare most folk......

wafflycat

On Saturday, during the audax I was doing, there were two examples of twunts in motor vehicles being stupid. Funnily enough, both vehicles were 4WD off-roader types... The first was cycling through a village on winding road - cyclists in single file. Range Rover behind. Driver impatient as much revving of engine. As soon as we get out of village it roars off, overtaking & much aggressive sounding of horn.. Second was on return leg. Blonde bimbo in dark 4WD off-roader on narrow lane. As she drives by, she has her side window wound down whereupon she yells "cu*t!" at me, very loudly. She also abuses other cyclists with language, aggressive posturing, revving etc.

Nice to know the stereotype of the 4WD off-roader driver is alive and well..

LOGAN 5

The incoherent shouting and screaming from caged occupants in cars is some kind of primitive mating ritual. They need to mate with more intelligent humans in order to mutate and survive. It serves no purpose of course but they haven't evolved enough and their brains are so under developed they don't realise it's inappropriate behavious in the 21st century.

Breeding amongst these sub species should be illegal then they would simply become extinct.

Johnny Thin

I get it all the time. Last night leaving Redditch a car drove alongside for a bit then the passenger yelled something incomprehensible. If I'd caught up with it I'd have said "I didn't hear what you said, but I bet ~you~ thought it was bl00dy funny."

Top Bottom