Scrotes nicked my brakes - waaaah!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Finally found the brakes I'd been after, after a couple of months keeping an eye on ebay. Got 'em for a good price too. PO tried to deliver, but we were out, so they left a card. Went round the sorting office, where they told me the van with my package had been stolen, and later found - empty. Aaaaargh! Back to square one...

Globalti

Legendary Member
[quote name='swee'pea99' timestamp='1279965362' post='1339061']
Finally found the brakes I'd been after, after a couple of months keeping an eye on ebay. Got 'em for a good price too. PO tried to deliver, but we were out, so they left a card. Went round the sorting office, where they told me the van with my package had been stolen, and later found - empty. Aaaaargh! Back to square one...
[/quote]

*disbelieving mode on* Suggest you check the brakes on Postie's bike tomorrow. Theft by PO workers is a major problem.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
You assume right my friend. I suspect it's not actually my brakes the miscreanst particularly had their eye on...they cleaned out the lot.

I dunno, when I lived in the Highlands, one day all the post was delivered wet; it wasn't raining. It quickly became apparent that the whole village had wet post in various states of sogginess. When eventually the breakdown truck arrived back at the garage, it set off a ripple information with it's arrival, spreading first to the village shop next door and then all points on. Apparently the stand in postie had reversed tthe postvan van into a lochan which had required a tractor and breakdown truck to pull out.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well it could be you'll be claiming a nice new set of replacement brakes from the RM?

Sadly compensation will of course be limited to my actual financial loss which, since I 'got 'em at a good price', is not a lot, and TBH I'm not sure I can be bothered with the kind of endless bureacrativ form-filling hassle it involves. In any case, the financial aspect hardly matters - it was the brakes I wanted, not 'compensation'.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't know. Does anyone knw for sure? I'm not keen to burden the guy (who's played fair) but on the other hand...I *did* pay and they *didn't* reach me. Um...

Top Bottom