Scrubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On Paramount Comedy channel....Does anyone fine this program funny?

Also is it funny in your opinion?

Or am I mistaken and it's not supposed to be funny?:tongue:

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
It used to be funny in stages (especially the janitor) but it's gone on so long now that they've run out of original ideas.

darkstar

It was the only American comedy series i've ever watched for the entirety until the latest series, I though it was awesome up until that point. JD, Ted and the Janitor are the best characters, I also like the mix between comedy and the sudden switch to heart wrenching reality.

TVC

I think it suffers the same as many comedy series, the good idea lasted for two seasons then they just kept flogging it whilst the ratings stayed high, with the result that it started going in circles and the jokes ran out.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Never saw the attraction in this programme - couldn't see what the fuss was about. Don't know which series the bit I watched was from but it wasn't good and certainly wasn't funny.

darkstar

threebikesmcginty said:
Never saw the attraction in this programme - couldn't see what the fuss was about. Don't know which series the bit I watched was from but it wasn't good and certainly wasn't funny.

Well people have different senses of humor surely? Not everyone's going to like a certain series!! Thats why there is variety :smile:

yello

Blimey, is it still going? How many series is that now? Must be around 10???

Anyways, yes, I did find it funny. Then it started to get a little bit silly and started to over do the daydream/surreal stuff in JD's (was that his name?) head. When I first watched it, they where trainees/interns and my fave character was the doctor bloke. The women (Canadian I think) that played JD's friend/colleague (Sarah something??) was gorgeous. Worth watching just for her.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
darkstar said:
Well people have different senses of humor surely? Not everyone's going to like a certain series!! Thats why there is variety :smile:

That's right and as an American you'll have a different sense of humour to the British too! :smile:

darkstar

threebikesmcginty said:
That's a shame - on the whole it's a nice place and there are some really nice people there too.

Anyway, could be worse - I could have said you were from Ilkeston.
I joke, it's a nice enough place, i'm planning (and saving up) a trip to Vagas this time next summer, to take part in some World Series of Poker events, thats the only place i'm interested in visiting though...

Not sure about Ilkeston, just know it used to be a Mining town...

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Yeah I missed the early series...It seems to be that the program is trying too hard to be funny and like me when it tries to be funny it generally isn't.

One program I could like but don't is 2 pints of lager....That canned laughter really puts me off...Luckily Scrubs doesn't have this.

mark barker

yello said:
The women (Canadian I think) that played JD's friend/colleague (Sarah something??) was gorgeous. Worth watching just for her.
That'd be Sarah Chalke, also of Roseanne fame.

I find scrubs is one of those shows that you can watch the odd episode and enjoy, but the thought of watching a series doesn't appeal at all.

Top Bottom