Scrubs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I love(d) Scrubs. Very funny, but also with well rounded personalities with characteristics you could relate to. Shame most comedy now is all grotesques with no endearing qualities (IT Crowd, Family Guy etc).

Futurama has to be my fave, only TV series I've ever bought DVDs of. The commentaries give it serious replay value too.

yello

mark barker said:
That'd be Sarah Chalke, also of Roseanne fame.

Yes, that's her. The 2nd Becky in Roseanne wasn't she? I know there were 2 actresses playing Becky at one stage, for a season or two perhaps, and it was made a joke of, but I never thought of here as THE Becky. Roseanne, now that was good. And, in my book, about when comedies from the US really began to get the edge over the UK stuff. I think perhaps the TV networks there realised that there was a market for something a little more sophisticated than 'tell joke, stand quietly, play canned laughter, resume'

macp

Guru
Scrubs always makes me laugh although I havent seen the very last of the episodes.

Ted Buckland one of my favourite characters

"Hey, Carla, did you hear that the lottery is up to a hundred million dollars? I tell you, if I can win that baby, it's separate beds for me and my mom! "

macp

Guru
Scrubs always makes me laugh although I havent seen the very last of the episodes.

Ted quote

"Hey, Carla, did you hear that the lottery is up to a hundred million dollars? I tell you, if I can win that baby, it's separate beds for me and my mom! "

Jezston

Über Member

Ted quote

Jezston said:

Ted quote

You as well?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Jezston said:
I love(d) Scrubs. Very funny, but also with well rounded personalities with characteristics you could relate to. Shame most comedy now is all grotesques with no endearing qualities (IT Crowd, Family Guy etc).

I am struggling to see any similarity between The IT Crowd, which is exactly the opposite of your criticism - an entirely endearingly inept nerdcom - and the excruciatingly crap and often just juvenile and nasty, Family Guy. The nearest US equivalent to The IT Crowd would surely be The Big Bang Theory, although that's far more generic.

As for Scrubs, as with many US series, they just drag it out too long largely for commercial reasons. The first 2 or 3 series were excellent. They haven't ever really 'jumped the shark', just dragged it out way beyong it's lifespan... IMHO of course!

Top Bottom