Scrumpy cloudy cider...is it meant to taste of earth?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Just got some from Asda.....had to pour in 1/2 a bottle of fitzpatrick's sarsaparilla cordial to make it drinkable.

It tasted of earth...or how I would imagine earth tastes.....is this an acquired taste?
 

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Location
Meanwood, Leeds
Just got some from Asda.....had to pour in 1/2 a bottle of fitzpatrick's sarsaparilla cordial to make it drinkable.

It tasted of earth...or how I would imagine earth tastes.....is this an acquired taste?

It can be foul. I bought some scrumpy at Towersey Festival and it was a bit like drinking something sweetish in a festering public urinal.

I persevered and it wasn't so bad after the fourth pint.
 

Peteaud

Legendary Member
Location
South Somerset
Some are a very aquired taste.

Perry's is good (on my cycle route i go past them).



(for the Somerset CC anyone ever been to the one just north of Chard on the 358 with the handwrittern cider sign)
 

Milo

Legendary Member
Location
Melksham, Wilts
Three bottles of Old Rosie jobs a goodun. Will make your poo look like a cat made it but well worth the effort. My favourite cider at the mo is Thatchers vintage. tis well lush
 
Top Bottom