Scum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Just had an attempted break in at the workshop . The alarms seemed to have scared them off but not before damaging the sensor lights outside . I have to hand it to the police , they where here so fast and they always have been ( ive had the workshop done over a few times )
I was going to have an early night but now im sat here fuming that some scumbag has tried to rob me :cursing:

Keith Oates

Janner
It's good that they didn't get the chance to actually steal anything and also the quick response by the police but no doubt it leaves you wondering what could happen next. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyRM

XOXO
Horrible feeling chap but at least your stuff is safe. I suggest you invest in a statue of Ray Winstone holding a sock full of snooker balls to display outside your 'shop. That should prevent any further miscreant behaviour.

surfdude

Veteran
very glad everything is safe for you mate . i know what its like . a few years ago someone broke into my van and took everything i had in it . all my tools . the prices and contacts of the next few jobs i was going to do . barstools

Slightly illegal, but a local shop used to put alcohol on a high shelf by the window where it could be kept watch onto prevent shoplifting

Frequently though the window would be cut and the whiskey nicked

So they were replaced by bottles of an Amber liquid.... and I don't mean lager

Two further breaking and the problem resolved itself

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Slightly illegal, but a local shop used to put alcohol on a high shelf by the window where it could be kept watch onto prevent shoplifting

Frequently though the window would be cut and the whiskey nicked

So they were replaced by bottles of an Amber liquid.... and I don't mean lager

Two further breaking and the problem resolved itself
Be an interesting legal question. I'm assuming that when you say 'not lager', you mean something pretty similar to lager (speaking as a real ale man) - I suspect there's no law that says you can't put such a liquid on your premises, and any consequences to a third party who breaks the law to obtain such are entirely the responsibility of such third party, mlud. If you were to substitute something even more vile than such liquid - paraquat, say - I guess the legal issues may become a little less clear cut.

Ganymede

Veteran
The scum might get nabbed. We had a break-in and the evil-doers left their DNA on the screws which they took out of the door hinges. By the time the tests came back they were already in jail for something they'd done a few days later. I bet your lot are on the database!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
As @Ganymede has said. They are likely to be known. Hopefully enough evidence left for the barstewards to be nicked. Meantime - carry on as normal and let Plod do their thing

KneesUp

Guru
The scum might get nabbed. We had a break-in and the evil-doers left their DNA on the screws which they took out of the door hinges. By the time the tests came back they were already in jail for something they'd done a few days later. I bet your lot are on the database!
Wow - I didn't know they did that for burglary. There was 'claret' all over the place when we were broken in to (burglar was evidently too well fed to fit through the smashed glass quite as well as (s)he hoped) but we never heard anything :sad:

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
You can get very cheap all in one web cams nowadays. A friend has one on his garage and regularly films the local sods helping themselves to any scrap metal he's left outside over night. Linked in with the lights they can work surprisingly well in low light too. Could be worth it as I believe recent studies have shown that there are a small number of criminals responsible for most of the crime going on. You might recognise locals, or the police might know them.

T
Be an interesting legal question. I'm assuming that when you say 'not lager', you mean something pretty similar to lager (speaking as a real ale man) - I suspect there's no law that says you can't put such a liquid on your premises, and any consequences to a third party who breaks the law to obtain such are entirely the responsibility of such third party, mlud. If you were to substitute something even more vile than such liquid - paraquat, say - I guess the legal issues may become a little less clear cut.
They were taking the pi$$ .... Literally

Ganymede

Veteran
Wow - I didn't know they did that for burglary. There was 'claret' all over the place when we were broken in to (burglar was evidently too well fed to fit through the smashed glass quite as well as (s)he hoped) but we never heard anything :sad:
The burglary was quite significant in terms of value, but I think it was mostly that they'd had a string of them and were trying to "crack the case".

This they did - the perps were Lithuanians who spoke no English - they would drive round looking for places with garden machinery and log the GPS co-ordinates in their phone, then go back later. Amusingly, the police got the phone when they nicked them (they'd stopped unplanned at a parked lorry in a layby to siphon out the fuel, just shows you have to stick to the plan...) so were able to link them up to all the others they'd done and presumably warn the ones logged for future attention. Quite satisfying really.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I know that this isn't the right thing & that it might be lowering myself to their level, but I can't help feeling that if I knew beyond doubt the perps, I would possibly not help myself but to harm them, quite badly.

I am quite para about my house & property.

Hope the Scummers are caught.

Top Bottom