Sealskinz Midlength Midweight Waterproof Socks

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by Spiky Simon, 13 Jul 2012.

1. Spiky Simon

Spiky Simon Regular

Bought these for our recent week-long tour of the Highlands as, having seen the weather forecast, I didn't fancy wet feet the whole way around. they're not cheap (25 quid or so) and I was a bit skeptical about how effective they'd be -- would they be waterproof? Would my feet just end up getting all sweaty anyway? they were actually really good -- we had a couple of days of solid rain and my feet remained pretty much dry and warm, while my g/f's feet (with some "water resistant" overshoes on) got soaked and cold. I had heard reports of water leaking down the top of the sock, but that didn't seem to be a problem for me. They're multi-layered and do feel a bit odd to put on, but once on feel comfy -- I was pretty pleased with them and I'm sure they'll be pretty good in winter, too.

2. YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

Lol

You had the nice socks your girlfriend didn't

Next you'll be telling us 'you had the road bike and your girlfriend had the shopper bike with basket :smile:

3. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Thanks for the review.
    25 quid for a pair of socks, thought .... don't you need a fresh pair every day?

4. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

they are Marino wool so don't smell.
    Excellent socks.
    They are worth every penny in my book.

5. OP
    OP
    Spiky Simon

Spiky Simon Regular

I didn't have to wear them every day (fortunately!), but as ianrauk says they have a merino liner so don't get too whiffy :smile:

6. Pat "5mph"

Ok Ok : but they are still DIRTY socks! IMHO, of course ;)

7. Bet you keep yours in your £5 bottle :whistle:

Pat "5mph" likes this.
  8. Pat "5mph"

Your daily cat looks exactly like BOAB when he posted himself in his new wet suit :rofl:

potsy likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice