Sealskinz socks - is there an alternative?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sealskinz are a half decent water proof sock but they ain't worth £25. Tenner at best IMO.

You can sheer a sheep many times but Sealskinz them only once. :whistle:

I have used them for a number of years and found them to be waterproof and very warm.
I swear by them.

Strange how people have differing opinions of the same thing.

My own experience of them is that they are not waterproof, not warm and they don't even fit particularly well. As socks go, they're pretty shite. A pair of neoprene overshoes will not keep your feet dry either, but they will keep them warm.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
My own experience of them is that they are not waterproof, not warm and they don't even fit particularly well. As socks go, they're pretty s***e. A pair of neoprene overshoes will not keep your feet dry either, but they will keep them warm.

Well good for you.. different strokes for different folks.

tigger

Über Member
Not used the Sealskinz socks but their original pimple gloves are pretty impressive. Not sure I'd want waterproof membranes as socks though? Nice thick merino rich socks and some good neoprene overshoes is what I use and I'm very happy with this throughout the winter

gbs

Guru
I suggest you try neoprene socks - available from dive shops - BUT the wet suit effect benefit will be lost it the result is that your shoes are too tight.

Top Bottom