Sealskinz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason.T

Thinking of getting some sealskinz socks to keep my feet dry

Unsure weather to get the socks or the overshoe socks, which do you think would be better?

The socks would obviously keep my feet dry but the overshoe socks would keep my shoes and feet dry

Anyone used these? Would I still get wet feet from water entering the cleat holes underneath if I was to get the overshoe ones

DRHysted

Guru
Personally I was not impressed. My feet were completely soaked (still warm however), so they haven't come out again.

musa

Über Member
I'd go with overshoes and if needs be taped over the vent on the bottom of the shoe. With the socks if you don't have wiggle room for your toes then i have a problem of not getting a decent supply down there

The socks are rubbish. I'd imagine the overshoes would be as well, as every bit of kit I have had from Sealskinz (mostly bought by others as presents as they are well marketed and they care for my well-being!) has been useless.

HorTs

Über Member
The trouble is with Sealskinz products and any other waterproof product is that they may well be waterproof but the bigs holes where you put your hand, foot, head etc aren't.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Dissapointed with my sealskin gloves. OK in use but when you take them off with sweaty hands the liner pulls out of the fingers a bit making it hard to put them back on.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I found that when my legs got wet and water ran down them they filled my socks, which also prevented water from getting out.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
The advantage with the overshoes is that even though your feet might still get wet (water running down your ankle etc), they are windproof, so your feet are likely to stay warmer. As has already been said, warm is more important than dry.

I've moved this to Clothing, helmets and shoes - you might get more responses there (although there does seem to be a consensus emerging already!)

Top Bottom