search for a rent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

verfabien

Hi guys. i am a french and have decided to move to UK in April. My new office is in London and i do have a trial period of 6 months. Thereafter, i f i am still the right guy for the job, my family will follow me. I would love to live (during the 6 months and thereafter) in a area where i could practice my favorite sport (without running the risk to be hurt by cars and trucks) and discover the beautiful country. I am searching for a studio, single or double room to rent for a maximum of 6 months. if you hear something, if you have something, please ring the bell. thanks in advance.

yello

Hi verfabien, whereabouts in London is your new job?

OP
OP
V

verfabien

it sounds that Hampshire, Kent and cities like Horsham are great places to live with great and safe tracks. if i can stay in the area of an airport, that would be better as i do expect to fly back home twice pm

musa

Über Member
Well it depends on your budget as in what can spend on rent which you'll probably want all bills included?
Also, you'll need to look at possible areas to live in

yello

Travelling to work on public transport in London is both expensive and can be time consuming, particularly for the areas you mention. Believe me, you don't really want to be doing those kind of journeys unless it's absolutely necessary.

I've contacted friends in Uxbridge (north of Heathrow) and Ealing (west London) to see if they have anything going at the moment. I'll send you a pm (private message) if they do.

Hotblack Desiato

Hi guys. i am a french and have decided to move to UK in April. My new office is in London and i do have a trial period of 6 months. Thereafter, i f i am still the right guy for the job, my family will follow me. I would love to live (during the 6 months and thereafter) in a area where i could practice my favorite sport (without running the risk to be hurt by cars and trucks) and discover the beautiful country. I am searching for a studio, single or double room to rent for a maximum of 6 months. if you hear something, if you have something, please ring the bell. thanks in advance.

Welcome to the UK! Hope you will like it here (and it stops raining). There is some very beautiful country.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bienvenue Verfabien!

There, that's exhausted my French...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I wonder. First, I hear that Nicolas Sarkozy is considering installing himself in London, where no doubt he'll be riding around our streets on the bike Armstrong gave him. And then all of a sudden this cycling Frenchman arrives on Cyclechat! Coincidence? I think not!

(Il faut rigoler, quand même!)

[QUOTE 2298583, member: 1314"]...just live in (Greater) London, mate, that's my advice. For what it's worth, I'd say SW London, and cycle in. Save yourself anywhere between £1,200 - £2,000 a year in travel costs.[/quote]

indeed... lots of frenchies in the Barnes area... very close to Richmond Park.

Top Bottom