searching for kids trail bike....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikehorne

Regular
Is it me or does it appear very hard locating bikes for 8-9 year old boys? we've a budget of £400 ish on a new bike to replace the Apollo Vortice (enough said).

going to be used mainly around forest trails and along an abandoned railway line (The Flitch Way) my son is 8, 9 in June with slim athletic build and average height, were really struggling with something suitable.

Evans Cycles have the Pinnacle Mauri, thats the sort of bike. Now can anyone shine some light? I've looked at the obvious ones ie, Evans, Cycle-Revolution, Cycles UK and a couple of small dealers. we don't want to buy from Half***s.

so any ideas, suggestions, guides and general advise would be greatly appreciated.

steven1988

Veteran
How tall? And what inside leg are you looking for there's plenty it' just getting the right size and least weight as possible

Wiggins Chartres?

The Wiggos are good bang-for-buck. I know they're from Halfords / Cycle Republic, but seriously, they're nice bikes. I've got a Wiggins Roadie (my only bike currently) and someone else on here rides a Chartres 26.

OP
OP
mikehorne

mikehorne

Regular
thanks everyone for their input, as ever valuable information. we have made a decision and after much deliberation and web surfing my son is most impressed with the Specialized HotRock 2018, based mainly on the fact that our local Cycles UK let him borrow one for an afternoon, thats good service.

Top Bottom