England : West Yorkshire Season of Mists (& Mellow Fruitfulness) 5/10/2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Svendo

Guru
I noticed there's not a thread for this years event, so I'll start one. (or possibly I can't find it)

Unfortunately I'll not be riding as I'm already booked for a heady afternoon and night of spacerock (and beer) at the 'Hawktoberfest' the night before. As Dave Brock is now in his 70s, Chris Crossland at least doesn't look like he is, I'm going to stick with the prior engagement! I suppose there is an outside chance I'll turn up on the line but given my lack of fitness anyway, I'll probably ride the route on a future date, possibly in reverse.

BTW why don't audaxes never alternate the direction? Or do they? (I realise you can probably do this with perms. or DIYs obv.)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was thinking about SoM the other day. As long as the weather is not too bad, I will be riding again this year.

A couple of my pals will probably do it too. At least one of them would ride round with me, maybe both.

I'm not sure how quickly I will be riding. I will not be quick, but I may be quicker than I have been for the past 6 years.

ColinJ

I'm seriously considering it...I think it clashes with a MTB ride organised by some friends ( http://www.wildboar-challenge.co.uk/ ) which I may end up doing with Mrs Kes... Wont know till nearer the date (personally I'd rather ride the SoM).

Does SoM allow entries on the line?
It does, though obviously organisers prefer to have some idea of numbers in advance.

PS I passed on your advice about recovering from leg surgery to my niece and she is very grateful! The wobble board improved her flexibility and leg strength so much that she avoided a second op, and is now back to work, and walking well.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
It does, though obviously organisers prefer to have some idea of numbers in advance.

PS I passed on your advice about recovering from leg surgery to my niece and she is very grateful! The wobble board improved her flexibility and leg strength so much that she avoided a second op, and is now back to work, and walking well.

Good news Colin, hope she goes on to make a full recovery.

Alun

Guru
I was thinking about SoM the other day. As long as the weather is not too bad, I will be riding again this year.

A couple of my pals will probably do it too. At least one of them would ride round with me, maybe both.

I'm not sure how quickly I will be riding. I will not be quick, but I may be quicker than I have been for the past 6 years.
Good Luck there Colin, I won't be doing it this year as it clashes with a weekend in the Lakes. Hope the weather is good, I have got my sights set on Spring into the Dales for next year though.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Haha, I remember you last time, you passed me so many times I thought I was going the wrong way....

ColinJ

Or buy a GPS device!

We had 2 of them, but I didnt turn mine on until halfway around after the other guy kept getting us lost!
Perhaps I should own up to not using mine on Mull last week and then going the wrong way at the one important junction on the whole ride! (And that was with the rather huge hint of a sea loch to guide me ... :whistle:)

sackville d

Veteran
Put me down for a place :thumbsup:.Brutal start, tough middle and brutal finish.Something will be seriously amiss if I miss this one. I can take or leave SITD but I love this ride

Top Bottom