Seasons greetings.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Was thinking of you (as you have been where I am).
Christmas has never been a BIG thing for us but this will be the 1st one on my own**.
But I sincerely wish a good, happy day and a better 2024 to all on here.
** the family want me to join them but I think I would just spend the day wishing Sue was with me.

You won't be alone!

We'll all be here with you!

Dave7

Legendary Member
You won't be alone!

We'll all be here with you!

Many thanks

geocycle

Legendary Member
Seasons greetings to all, thanks for all the camaraderie this year. I like this point where the focus switches to friends, family or even just contemplative calm. A day with family then hopefully walks and rides beckons this year.

We are on the run in to spring now!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Merry Christmas all.

IMG_0126.png

lazybloke

Considering a new username
A busy year, been a very stressed bunny at work for the last few weeks, and it's taken most of the weekend to unwind and to start to feel 'festive'.
But couldn't help enjoying myself once we saw friends and family today. Finally hit the sofa this evening with a glass of mulled wine each, happy in the knowledge we're ready for the big day.

Have got Christmas stockings ready for my wife and the children; time to go to bed soon.
And as the clock has already ticked over midnight, it finally feels appropraite to say Merry Christmas to all!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Merry Christmas, Wesołych Świąt Bożego Narodzenia and Heerlijk Kerstfeest to all the wonderful Cyclechatters from me and Madam Lexi.

We follow Polish traditions here chez Casa Reynard, so we celebrate Christmas this evening, but fear not, there's Xmas pud till we burst tomorrow. :hungry:

I've often wondered why some Polish graves in the local cemetery have candle lit lanterns on Christmas Eve and not just on Christmas day, but now I know. :cheers: I always light a candle on my dad's grave on Christmas Day. It's something I've done every year since he died 22 years ago and will continue to do, for as long as I can.

I've often wondered why some Polish graves in the local cemetery have candle lit lanterns on Christmas Eve and not just on Christmas day, but now I know. :cheers: I always light a candle on my dad's grave on Christmas Day. It's something I've done every year since he died 22 years ago and will continue to do, for as long as I can.

It's tradition in Poland when to put a candle (znicza) on a grave whenever you go visit. I've done that when I visit the grave of my favourite racing driver.

Although a znicza is quite particular - they're hand-sized plaster of Paris lamps, usually round, but sometimes heart-shaped, with anything up to three wicks and filled with red wax.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It's tradition in Poland when to put a candle (znicza) on a grave whenever you go visit. I've done that when I visit the grave of my favourite racing driver.

Although a znicza is quite particular - they're hand-sized plaster of Paris lamps, usually round, but sometimes heart-shaped, with anything up to three wicks and filled with red wax.

I'll photograph one or two and post the pics' later today of the graves with a lamp on. Most are graves from the 1960's, but I think there might be one one from the 1990's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom