Seat Bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I need a seat bolt for my 753 frame;

attachment.php

size M6 X 26 allen bolt.

Can anyone tell me where I might acquire such a bolt ?

Out of interest; IF I happened to be offered a bolt in a choice of materials such as Steel, stainless steel, titanium etc., etc.,
are there any materials that perform the task better than others ? Are there any materials (for such a purpose) to avoid ?

Ta for any info.

Regards

Andy

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
A9125.jpg

Is this the sort of thing you are after - from PBK, £1.75. Not sure of the size, but standard Campag style replacement.

tyred

Legendary Member
I would go for stainless steel if I had a choice of materials. You won't find the threads have rusted a few years down the line when you decide to remove the seat pin to grease it as part of a thorough service:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Absolutely sure its 26mm long and not 25 ?
Standard bolts will come in 25....26mm would be a special and i think you'd struggle to find one anywhere other than a bike shop.
(I'm assuming you mean a standard bolt, hex or allen head...not one that youngoldbloke has highlighted)

In the photo, is the boss threaded 6mm on one side ?..ie you dont need a nut.

02GF74

Über Member
^^^ we need to see the other side to tell whether it is just an allen head bolt or the special clamp bolt (more likley on a steel frame) as above.

stainless is not really ideal for highly stressed areas.

you can always try a stainless bolt and if you have snapped it because the seat post keeps slipping, you know you need a high tensile steel bolt. bit of coppa slip should prevent it from seizing.

Top Bottom