Seat post bolt no good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My seat keeps sliding backwards on its rails , i tried exchanging the bolt for another one i had in stock but it still keeps sliding backwards .The bolt i replaced it with has a slightly different head to the original but surely if its clamped tight on the plates that grip the saddle rails it should not matter ?
The seatpost is a single bolt design on a carrera virtuoso .

The saddle position has been set right , both my bikes are the same so i know my start position is right , the question is do i need a new seat post ??

zzpza

A picture paints a 1000 words, etc. It could be a number of things, so a photo would really help.

Fundamentally there's not enough friction for the force being applied. Either the force being applied is now greater or the friction is less. Most likely the friction is less. What is the condition of the saddle rails and the clamp on the seat post? Have you tried using the original bolt again? Is the bracket that goes over the top of the rails bent? If so, it could have reached the maximum travel it can without apply suitable clamping force to the rails.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
replaced the clamps with a compatible one off a spare seat post , it looks a bit odd with bare metal clamps on a black seat post but the silver post would not look right on the bike .
After a bit of reading on google i have put some black insulation tape on the seat rails then clamped it all together, did not move today .

When i took the old clamp apart there was a wet / greasy film on the clamps .

Top Bottom