seat post O-rings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
I am curious about the function of the O-rings. I have had them on and currently have them off. I have my pentaclip sitting on the top off the seat post so when I sit on the saddle my weight does not compress the leather to touch the top of the seat post. I cannot see what difference the O-rings make, rally unless the pentaclip is down all the way to the seat post flare. Is there some reason for the O-rings?

chris folder

Hi:hello: i think the rubber rings are just to give a bit of protection so when you drop the seat post down the pentaclip dont hit the bike frame with clip every time. as with time will mark that area some riders I see just let saddle go and post drops down to clip fast so if there was no rubber ring pentaclip would hit the frame. I bought the longer seat post it did not come with rubber rings so would have to take the rings off old post. I got a bike light on top of post now so I hit light now not the rubber rings

Last edited:
OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
For some reason my seat post is very snug and takes considerable effort to go down all the way so that had not occurred to me. I have seen posts where others have the opposite problem,so I suppose I should be grateful. Probably should take my post out and thoroughly clean the inside and perhaps replace the seat sleeve.

Top Bottom