Is Carrera Intercity Disc 9 seat comfortable? - looks skinny?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike160304

The saddle is said to be a Selle? The 2 pics show a comparison with the cheaper Apollo Tuck saddle, or does that just "look" more comfortable?

536878-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Sharky

Guru
Don't think you can judge a saddle by looking at it. Got to be based on the width of the saddle and your own sit bones.
Do you have other bikes with comfortable saddles? Probably best to make your decision to buy a bike on other factors (gearing, weight etc), then try the stock saddle, but be prepared to replace the saddle with one you've ridden before.

The shop may be able to swap the saddle to your preferred one before you buy.

Good luck

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
To my eyes the Carrera saddle looks far more comfortable then the bulky Tuck one. Everyone has their own opinions about saddles. What's good for you is not necessarily good for someone else.
But as @Sharky has said, best try see what fits you best. It's certainly not a criteria to choose what bike to buy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
To my eyes the Carrera saddle looks far more comfortable then the bulky Tuck one. Everyone has their own opinions about saddles. What's good for you is not necessarily good for someone else.
But as @Sharky has said, best try see what fits you best. It's certainly not a criteria to choose what bike to buy.

indeed ,saddles are personal as everyone has different needs ,compared to some road saddles even the skinny one looks big

Drago

Legendary Member
I find it pretty comfy and I'm a heavy lad with an arse so big it beeps when I walk backwards.

Its counter-intuitive, but saddles with heavier padding tend to be less comfortable after not very long, more prone to rubbage and chafing.

PS - why are you in a staff only area you naughty boy?!

Last edited:

Kell

Veteran
You cannot judge a seat's comfortability by sight. You need to either try it - or get measured and see what they recommend.

When I first got a road bike, I swapped the saddle out for the Bodygroove one I had on my previous commuter. But when I got my next road bike I used the one that came with it. It was second hand and I'd previously borrowed it from the guy I bought it from (my brother in law). So I'd ridden the bike for a couple of 30 mile rides and found it to be comfortable so stuck with it.

*(can't remember if that's the right name now, it's the Specialized one with the cut out for your man sausage)

Jameshow

Veteran
I wouldn't worry about the saddle easily changed. The Carrera has bigger gears looking at the front chainring.

Drago

Legendary Member
The bottom is pretty low (look at the caseette) but the damn things fly in top! I'm not sure having so much fun in a folder is legal.

OP
OP
M

Mike160304

. . . . . .Probably best to make your decision to buy a bike on other factors (gearing, weight etc), then try the stock saddle, but be prepared to replace the saddle with one you've ridden before . . . . . .
Yes, I have already ordered the Disc 9, top gun in folders, allegedly.
The shop may be able to swap the saddle to your preferred one before you buy.

Good luck

Yes, easy to change a saddle.

OP
OP
M

Mike160304

. . . . . . . .Its counter-intuitive, but saddles with heavier padding tend to be less comfortable after not very long, more prone to rubbage and chafing.
Yes, just collecting some opinions, it is not to decide on bike choice, already ordered the Disc 9 as you know.
PS - why are you in a staff only area you naughty boy?!
I had, and have, no idea! Will a black van turn up?

Top Bottom