Is the Carrera Intercity Disc 9 a significantly better ride than the Disc 8?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Yeah, I'll sort a photo for you. To be honest it doesn't unfold if your paying attention but I have the attention span of a....what were we talking about?

OP
OP
M

Mike160304

Sometimes more expensive bikes have worse ride quality. . . . . . . .
Thanks, some interesting insights.
I think generally the Carrera folding bikes are unbeatable for spec vs price in the UK. It's a manufacturer to retailer direct business model and Halfords operate on a high turnover, low margin compared to most bike shops. I don't know about the current disc based model but the older rim brake model was from fuji-ta the world's biggest bike manufacturer by volume who are one the big companies for folding bikes, they have supplied; Halfords, Decathlon, Tern, Dahon and many other brands.

Again, interesting. I only started to find out how Halfords operates just now when I started to look for a folder, and I am impressed by their product ranges and their value for money. The Intercity Disc 9 that I have ordered seems to be very good value, and I am impressed that by how few of them there are on the secondhand market and by how they hold their price, always a good sign of quality. Few or no cheap bargains here.

OP
OP
M

Mike160304

Hi Colin, I have only just seen this. I am fine, thank you.
I cancelled my order for the Carrera Intercity Disc 9, decided the step-thru was a bit high for me. I wrote later threads and in the end I bought a preloved Electra Townie 7D on Ebay UK. I swapped out the Harley Davidson style handlebar for a slightly dropped handlebar.
I did a tiny bit of test riding on the YMCA car park in November but then it started raining and I lost all desire to cycle.
I hope to start again soon and and to see whether I am likely to survive the risks of road use - if not, I shall re-sell.
So at the moment the bike is just a nice thing to look at. In theory the semi-reclining style, designed to let me get both feet flat on the ground without getting off the saddle, will help me, but I shall see.
I hope to write a new thread if I succeed in riding this bike. In theory it is THE bike for very old riders (unisex).
Meanwhile, I enjoy looking at it.
Photo:
P1060288-ar1536.jpg

Top Bottom