Seatpost mudgards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm looking for a rear mudguard that I can fit on the seatpost.

I've found this Zefal Swan road https://www.zefal.com/en/rear-mudguards/77-swan-road.html that seems to have good reviews. Apparently it fits on all round seatposts. Problem is, the bike I want to use it on (giant contend) doesn't come with a round seatpost.

Any of you know if the zefal fit on non round seatposts or, in case they don't, do you know of any alternatives that would fit on a d-shape seatpost?

Cheers :okay:

According to Giant:

"Mounts for both rack and mudguards ensure that the Contend can deal with any type of riding no matter what the weather."

In which case, bodging a clip on post mount is not required.

vickster

Legendary Member
But they're not very good if you actually want you and the bike to stay clean and dry!
There are things called ass savers that roadies use as a token effort not to shower following riders with filth :laugh:
Go to your local Giant dealer/store and see if they do something for the funny seatpost (as they added it to the bike)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Thanks but I'm only looking for mudguards that attach to the seatpost :okay:
...which is a slightly odd thing to be doing when you have a seat post that is the wrong shape to easily fit one to (it will be a rattly fit at best), but you do have mounts for regular mudguards.:wacko:

If you just want something cheap and cheerful to keep your bum dry
  • then either go for an ass-saver which clips to your seat (but the doesnt allow a seat pack if that's what you carry your spare tube etc in (you could get a bottle cage mount tool can though?)
  • or go for the ass-saver fender bender type which velcro's around your seat tube and does a similar job, but allows a saddle pack
There are things called ass savers that roadies use as a token effort not to shower following riders with filth
They don't even do that, only a full guard, preferably with some sort of flap saves the person behind you, they do keep the worst of the wet & mucky stuff off your bum / back though.

I can vouch for the Swan - it may not look very convincing but it is very good - I put one on a bike after I had problems with the dreded rivnuts - no idea if it can be shimmed in any way.

I still have it somewhere I think - if you are in London you could check it out.

(firm believer in round tubes I must admit)

Spartak