Second Anthrotech

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrandadPig

Regular
New member here. Twenty years ago I bought my first recumbent trike, a s/h Anthrotech that replaced a Pashley PDQ that had a habit of chucking me off whenever my attention wandered.

I used to use the Anthrotech for work,16 miles each way, and loved it.

Well, for reasons I can not recal I sold it after a few years and lots of miles.

I have just retired and have bought myself another, from eBay, collect it later this week.

the new to meAnthrotech is missing it’s front mudguards and I can not find anyone that sells them. Can anyone point me to a shop that sells front mudguards by any chance.

Akdo can anyone recommend a good lighting set? I used to have some very bright lights that were powered by a 12v battery, how things have moved on, all LED’s now and I don’t have a clue.

thanks in advance and thanks for letting me in here

steve

SeldomSeen

I guess you bought the red one?! There were 2 on ebay recently, the blue one had mudguards fitted. Try Kevin at DTek (he sold the blue one), he may have some mudguards, or know what will fit. And he is not far from you either. I am in Bury and ride out through Eye occasionally.

As for lights, I have used the solarstorm 2 led's off of ebay for years, and they are great. Super bright, lightweight, and really cheap. I made go pro mounts for mine to make it easy to adjust them - you can buy them on ebay too - loads of people 3D print them now. I made an arm out of some carbon fibre tubing I had to push to light further forward and avoid foot flash - but you have lots of boom to attach a light to!

OP
OP
GrandadPig

GrandadPig

Regular
Yes, the red one. Always liked the look of them. My first Anthrotech was from D-Tek, good bloke to deal with. I will ring him about mudguards. I will also give those light a go, thanks

next time your out this way, let me know and I’ll put the kettle on 👍. In Wickham Skeith.

Top Bottom