Second day laid up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

...I dont like this Ice stuff...it looks great out..lots of sunshine, but last nights frost still hasnt cleared and the cars are covered in ice still (parked in shade)...my legs are telling me to ride, but my brain is of a different opinion...hmm...maybe those turbo gizmos arent such a bad idea after all..;)

Pete

Commiserations. If there's one thing that scares the cr@p out of me, it's ice. Other cycling situations I think I can cope with, but the fear of going down with a slithering bump .... and not just my stability either! I see a car coming towards me on an icy road, I think 'Abergele' before I can stop myself. Irrational, I know. Phobias usually are.

It wasn't too bad down here this morning as it happens, more of a hoar-frost with the roads reasonably dry. But I made for the main road all the same.

ash68

we've been lucky up here recently. Although it's been frosty it hasn't been too slippy or icy. I differ from you Pete as I'd rather cycle on sideroads when it's icy and slippery. My thinking being that, although it probably hasn't been gritted, I'd rather slide off on a quiet road than in front of a car on a busy road. I often find that the side roads aren't too bad if I'm carefull, and it does wonders for your bike handling skills when you can correct a few slides. Must admit though it does bloody hurt when I hit the deck.;):tongue:

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

tomorrow they reckon 5 degrees so the ice should go...it's not like it's everywhere though, just lurking in shady bends etc....oh well tomorrow I will ride and jus tbe careful...I can tstay in here another day....I feel fat again...

Top Bottom