Second GoPro Mount Snaps during Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

September

So, I recently posted this thread about a GoPro mount snapping during a commute.

Well, it happened again last night - only, completely out of the blue. There was no excessive shaking or any other tells - it just went.

I am beginning to think that I am certainly the cause of the problem if I've broken two in as many weeks. Also, because it has snapped in the same place... However, what am I supposed to do?

If I don't tighten the bolts, the mount regularly falls from it's desired position of facing the road.

This surely is a massive design flaw of the GoPro handlebar mount system...

I'm thinking that I might write them an email to hopefully get my mounts replaced - especially as I've run out now...

BSRU

A Human Being
I'd buy a RAM or K-Edge mount, much more robust.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Having had light mounts break on me, I now secure everytnig with silicone bands, like this (2 per light)... Great for lights, but Go Pro looks a difficult shape to work with these.

$(KGrHqV,!jUE+rV6MLvFBQKyFn3UZQ~~60_12.JPG

LimeBurn

Über Member
The k-edge mount as mentioned above is a good option but have you tried putting a piece of non slip matting ( poundland normally sell it) between the mount and the bars, you don't have to tighten the clamp up so much then which should prevent the fatigue in the plastic which you're suffering from.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
TD has never had problems with any of his seven (or is it eight now) Mind you some are wrapped in so much Gaffa tape I am surprised they don't over heat.

Doseone

Guru
Seems like it's a common problem and the solution is the k-edge mounts. Try and get your money back for the Gopro mount and put it towards a k-edge.

I've got the Gopro mount and as I said in the other thread I'm not surprised it broke as you have to tighten it so hard otherwise the slightest vibration will shake it loose. I'm thinking of taking mine back.

OP
OP
September

September

I've written to GoPro asking for my money back for two handle bar mounts and a replacement housing for my camera, as mine is nearly dead now!

I'll get a stronger mount when GoPro have reimbursed me.

I emailed them two days ago now though.... Still no reply.

Top Bottom