GoPro mount randomly breaks during commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

September

So, riding home from work yesterday and this happened!

Bloody lucky it wasn't run over by a car - they were inches away!

Anyone else had a mount break on them?...

It was vibrating a lot before it eventually went...

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It was vibrating a lot before it eventually went...

Kenneth-Williams3.jpg

OP
OP
September

September

up hill struggle

how long does the battery last on your camera? mine is supposed to last 2-4hrs depending on use but max time to date from fully charged to empty is an 1hr 8mins. Seems to last slightly longer each time its charged as 1st use only lasted 57mins, is this normal?

sorry for changing the subject but its still related to the go pro camera

MikeW-71

Veteran
Just puzzles me that what snapped is the adapter you used between the mount and the camera case. Usually the mounts themselves snap by the thumbscrews.

MikeW-71

Veteran
how long does the battery last on your camera? mine is supposed to last 2-4hrs depending on use but max time to date from fully charged to empty is an 1hr 8mins. Seems to last slightly longer each time its charged as 1st use only lasted 57mins, is this normal?

sorry for changing the subject but its still related to the go pro camera
Depends what you have it set on.

My Hero HD (3 years old now) gets 3hrs on 720p mode and 2.5hrs on 1080p. The higher the resolution, the shorter the battery life. If yours has wifi capability, turn that off if you aren't actively using it, that's a battery killer too.

zizou

Veteran
+1 on the k-edge mount, i went through a couple of gopro ones before the after market ones started coming out.

the footage is also better, there isnt really any vibration or shake that is mount related just what is going through your bars anyway

Doseone

Guru
I'm underwhelmed by the official mount, it has to be tightened so hard with a screwdriver to stop it shaking loose that I'm not surprised it broke.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Sorry to ask, but what is a go pro - is it one of those new fangled moving picture thingies?
It is a magic device which can make wrinkled OAPs look incredibly young, sexy, talented, skilful and courageous. The average age of the stars of this video is 86, but you would never believe it to watch the flattering footage that the GoPro camera produces!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yup, it happened to mine on last years Ride London/Surrey, the GoPro went bouncing down Whitehall. I contacted GoPro politely,and they sent me a new bracket free of charge.

Top Bottom