GoPro mount randomly breaks during commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
View attachment 56879

yeah something along these lines only a little more modern

h16reflex_1.jpg

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
It is a magic device which can make wrinkled OAPs look incredibly young, sexy, talented, skilful and courageous. The average age of the stars of this video is 86, but you would never believe it to watch the flattering footage that the GoPro camera produces!

Ah yes, the YouthOverlay (tm), one of the reasons they cost a pretty penny :whistle:. Brings out the... err... tassels really well.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Some of us feel that we need them, @vernon . You obviously don't think you need one, but please respect other people's viewpoints. Personally, I'd feel pretty vulnerable without the two GoPros I use on my commutes, because there are an amazingly large number of idiots driving cars in Australia. At least in the event of a collision I know the chances are good that my cameras will record what occurred.
You're vunerable with go-pro's. Don't try to make out that cameras make you safer or protect you.

They don't. All they will do is record something that has happened

GrasB

Veteran
You're vunerable with go-pro's. Don't try to make out that cameras make you safer or protect you.

They don't. All they will do is record something that has happened
Depends on how you are defending vulnerable, physical vulnerability it doesn't do much about but legal vulnerability is much reduced. The problem is in a dispute where it's my word against theirs normally the motorists word is taken over the cyclist. With video footage of an incident there's documentary evidence of what happened to support one side or the other.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
First pink video, and now breaking mounts. Go-Pro, for what they charge, needs to take a little more care of quality control.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Having just watched the video, I think its interesting to note how strong and resilient the camera and the case is after bouncing down the road.

When it happened to me there was barely any damage to the case and the camera is in perfect working order. The bracket does seem to have a week spot, it's very easy to overtighten.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Many motorists will behave more considerately to cyclists when they see the cyclist is using a video camera. So I think my previous post is still valid.
It shouldn't take a bike covered in cameras should it? sticky plaster on a gaping wound (lack of driver education)

Depends on how you are defending vulnerable, physical vulnerability it doesn't do much about but legal vulnerability is much reduced. The problem is in a dispute where it's my word against theirs normally the motorists word is taken over the cyclist. With video footage of an incident there's documentary evidence of what happened to support one side or the other.
Is it?

Top Bottom