Second hand Bianchi Camaleonte 1 (2010)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jmc265

Hi

I know very little about bikes so I am in need of some advise.
Someone is selling a Bianchi Camaleonte 1 that he has had for 3 years for about £220. Although I have not yet seen it he is claiming it is in very good condition.
Is it worth it for this price or would it be better for me to buy a first-hand bike from a shop?

Thank you,
James

2013 models look about £625

OP
OP
J

jmc265

Yes I've seen how much the later models are but I was wondering whether a 3 year old bike is worth the £220 he is asking for it? I don't really know much about the second-hand bike market.

Thanks,
James

Cyclist33

there are too many variables to answer your question on a web forum.

take an experienced cyclist friend with you and have a ride on it, and dont take the cash with you so you cant be talked into it on the spot.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hi James
Seems like quite a good bike. Has it been well used or has the guy not spent much time on it? The price sounds ok ish but don't forget it is three years old. Check the cranks, wiggle them from side to side to check for play. Also press the spokes for tightness and spin rims for any wobble. Look at the cassette and chainwheel for "shark toothing" which indicates wear. Are the tyres good? Hold the front brake on and push the bars back and forth, play here means worn head bearings or may just need adjustment. None of these things individually are deal breakers but if you have to attend to more than a one of them it means money so haggle accordingly. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

jmc265

Hey

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go read up on what to look out for on a second-hand bike.

Thanks,
James

Top Bottom