Second Hand Mountain Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have been offered a 2013 cube reaction 26” for 500.

No, I just sold a 2017 Marin nailtrail 7, 27.5 er for 500, these were 1600 new.

I sold a cube stereo 2015 HPCR carbon full susser 3k bike for 1200 last yr too 27.5er mint
2013 bike 300 touch.

Its a buyers market so exploit it.
26 is not I favour, so get a 29 or 27

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Has he got the receipt? He should be able to get it from the shop or online account as it’s a relatively recent bike

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
What would you say it is worth? Just concerned it 2013.
If it can be had for £500 then It’s a decent buy. It has got 26” wheels so no doubt that’s why it’s priced as is. It looks in great condition, you could ask the buyer for some close up pictures to be sure. The Fox fork is excellent, XT cranks so I’m presuming the mechs will be at least XT spec.
Try and get more info if you can.

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
I don’t think these sellers are serious mountain bikers. A bit like me. So they just post minimum info unless instructed otherwise

vickster

Legendary Member
I don’t think these sellers are serious mountain bikers. A bit like me. So they just post minimum info unless instructed otherwise
Yet own a bike they claim to have paid £1500 for. Not going to sell without even a size stated! Although if local, you need to go try out anyhow but you won't want a wasted trip.
Serious question if not a 'serious' mountain bike why do you need to spend £700 on a carbon bike? How and where are you going to use it? Why not just spend £300?
The Calibre range from Go Outdoors have a good rep for vfm, maybe worth a look
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/br:calibre/

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
The cube your looking at has QR forks and rear qr
Old discontinued manitu fork aswel.

It's a 300 max bike

Venod

Eh up
I have a paranoia about carbon MTB bikes that I can't get over, they are used by a lot of people with no problems, I have had carbon road bikes and would have no hesitation on buying another, I suppose its because I have had some spectacular off's and knocks on my MTBs and maybe I am unduly worried a carbon frame wouldn't stand up well, I once saw a bloke come down Holme Moss second time out on his new Giant road bike, he was going far too fast and hit the wall at the first bend down, his frame was in two pieces, his knee not much better, a steel or alluminium frame may not have survived also, but it still bothers me.

I like Cube bikes, I put one together for the lad next door, a Stereo I think, good spec and good price, there are some real bargain 26 ers to be had, I got a Genisis Core a few years ago at a very good price.
My preference nowadays is 29 wheels, they roll over things much better than 26, but are a bit more of a hanfull on technical stuff.

I have just bought one of these. https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-procaliber-8-2019-mountain-bike-EV340643

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I have a paranoia about carbon MTB bikes that I can't get over, they are used by a lot of people with no problems, I have had carbon road bikes and would have no hesitation on buying another, I suppose its because I have had some spectacular off's and knocks on my MTBs and maybe I am unduly worried a carbon frame wouldn't stand up well, I once saw a bloke come down Holme Moss second time out on his new Giant road bike, he was going far too fast and hit the wall at the first bend down, his frame was in two pieces, his knee not much better, a steel or alluminium frame may not have survived also, but it still bothers me.

I like Cube bikes, I put one together for the lad next door, a Stereo I think, good spec and good price, there are some real bargain 26 ers to be had, I got a Genisis Core a few years ago at a very good price.
My preference nowadays is 29 wheels, they roll over things much better than 26, but are a bit more of a hanfull on technical stuff.

Mtb carbon are a lot stronger than a road version.
Frames are very stiff too

OP
OP
huggybear0

huggybear0

Über Member
Yet own a bike they claim to have paid £1500 for. Not going to sell without even a size stated! Although if local, you need to go try out anyhow but you won't want a wasted trip.
Serious question if not a 'serious' mountain bike why do you need to spend £700 on a carbon bike? How and where are you going to use it? Why not just spend £300?
The Calibre range from Go Outdoors have a good rep for vfm, maybe worth a look
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/br:calibre/
Hi good point. I would like to be serious but I aim high when I buy. Maybe a look at something more reasonable would be good.

Top Bottom