Secret Escapes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anybody ever used this company, any real life experience, good or bad?

Now we are at leisure we like to take breaks and have always just booked independently but some of their specials look ok on the surface.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Anybody ever used this company, any real life experience, good or bad?

Now we are at leisure we like to take breaks and have always just booked independently but some of their specials look ok on the surface.
I've never used or booked through them but I was intrigued enough to have a look at some specials. The problem I found was having to sign up to see the offers, which weren't all that from what I remember, which then resulted in getting absolutely bombarded by stuff, you expect some marketing material but this was an avalanche, so I got myself removed from the lists. Which is probably not of much use to you, sorry.

SteveF

Yes, used them to go to Crete year before last. Everything was as advertised, we had a very good time in a nice resort.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I had the same experience as @Mugshot. Looked good on the surface but found very little that was relevant to me. Not a company I would trust as I was left with the feeling it's a clearing house for holidays, hotels etc. which have spare capacity.

That I had to sign up was a mild irritant which has stopped me going back again. I find Travelzoo a good option and don't get too much email from them.

AndyRM

XOXO
Without wanting to sound too hipster about it, I used them a few times before they got big and started their weirdly ironic TV advertising campaign. Got some fantastic deals on holidays to Greece, Turkey and Portugal which I would not have been able to afford otherwise (I tried to match what they were offering but never got close).

That was 4 years ago, give or take so based on that I'd recommend them.

D

Deleted member 26715

I used Sykes for a nice cottage break in Wales, and I got about £25 back on TopCashBack!
Currently sat in an old water mill in Cumbria courtesy of Sykes, if you want to stay in the UK & let's face it apart from the weather why would you want to go to another country for a holiday Sykes offer a very good choice.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Currently sat in an old water mill in Cumbria courtesy of Sykes, if you want to stay in the UK & let's face it apart from the weather why would you want to go to another country for a holiday Sykes offer a very good choice.
Tongue in cheek?

Top Bottom