Secteur confusion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LizardEye

I'm looking at a Spesh Secteur Triple as a possible, but some retailers and Specialized themselves seem a bit confused as to what the fork is made of.

On the Specialized website, in the features section it says aluminium, but in the specifications section it's described as "carbon fork w/ Zertz inserts".

So could anyone who has one confirm what type of fork it has.

thanks v much

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Carbon with Alloy stearer I would most likely say.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a Spesh Secteur Triple Elite sitting right next to my desk... and Fossy up there / is spot on. And yes mine has the inserts.

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

Thanks for the swift replies

I was looking at the 'standard' Triple, so the bottom one of the range. It doesn't appear in pics to have the inserts so I'm wondering if they've got the fork material wrong as well.

Would be easier to go to the shop of course, but I can't get there till the weekend.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Give the shop a call or drop them a mail.

LizardEye said:
Thanks for the swift replies

I was looking at the 'standard' Triple, so the bottom one of the range. It doesn't appear in pics to have the inserts so I'm wondering if they've got the fork material wrong as well.

Would be easier to go to the shop of course, but I can't get there till the weekend.

bad boy

Über Member
I agree with the OP there does seem to be some big confusion about this !!??.

The Spez website is wrong it does not have Zertz inserts thats a def, but I do believe the forks on the basic model are Alu aswell.

I will ring my lbs and check with them for you but am pretty sure this is the case on the base model.

Norm

The basic Secteur Triple has alu forks without the Zertz.

All other models have carbon forks with Zertz inserts.

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

Thanks for clearing that up. Their website is wrong then, as well as most of their retailers.

Not sure why it's more expensive than the Allez when it's essentially the same bike with different frame geometry but lower spec. I guess it's because they can.

OP
OP
L

LizardEye

Had an email from Specialized.

All the models in the Secteur range have carbon forks. The Triple doesn't have the Zertz inserts.

So the website was wrong on both counts, which they are going to correct.

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
LizardEye said:
Had an email from Specialized. All the models in the Secteur range have carbon forks. The Triple doesn't have the Zertz inserts.So the website was wrong on both counts, which they are going to correct
Can confirm they are carbon just without the Zertz inserts, the 'Technical Specification' also states with rack eyelets, which they don’t have either!

LizardEye said:
..Not sure why it's more expensive than the Allez when it's essentially the same bike with different frame geometry but lower spec. I guess it's because they can.
Price difference is apparantely down to Secteur BB and tyre upgrade over the Allez.

Paul_Smith
www.corridori.co.uk

Top Bottom