Secure bags/panniers or take them with you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cheers again, do you have the slide on version? If so, does it stay put? :laugh: my current bag slides on but also has the velcro!
Yes, it just clicks into place. There has been the odd time when it’s not clicked into place (user error) :ph34r:

Thanks!

OP
OP
Juliansou

Juliansou

Thanks for all the comments - I guess it’s a calculated risk that I’m prepared to keep going with. I guess anyone armed with an Allen key & a pair of light weight cable snipers could just as easily have it away with our handle bars, head tubes, group sets etc etc - difficult to know where to draw the line!

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for all the comments - I guess it’s a calculated risk that I’m prepared to keep going with. I guess anyone armed with an Allen key & a pair of light weight cable snipers could just as easily have it away with our handle bars, head tubes, group sets etc etc - difficult to know where to draw the line!
Certainly seat posts and saddles (notably Brooks) are regularly nicked, and QR wheels of course

In this case it looks like the thief snipped the spokes and disappeared with the bike!

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I use Ortliebs so it take less than 2 seconds to remove one. I always take them with me shopping to use instead of a basket. That way, one less chance of getting Covid, but mainly so I can make sure I don’t get too much shopping to fit in the panniers.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm in London so I take everything with me...lights, pump, panniers. As others have said, Ortliebs clip on and off in less than five seconds so it's not exactly a hardship to take them with you.

Got my Topeak MTX bag the other day and fitted it to the rack. Pleasantly happy with the amount of space and construction of it. The bag allowed much less squashing of clothes for my ride to the cricket yesterday. Very happy!

Top Bottom