Secure bicycle parking - Liverpool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
I might cycle to/from Liverpool on Friday.

Does anyone know of secure cycle parking available in the city centre? I'll be on my posh bike and will be there mist of the day.

My other option is to leave the bike in the back of the car (wife and relatives going in the car) but would prefer not to do this as the bike won't be insured in the boot.

Thanks

tonysp

Not 100% sure but the Q-park Multi story / underground car park which is part of the Liverpool One complex did have free bike lockers upon opening. Not too sure if thats the case still but worth a phone call. Sorry I cant help more.

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
Not 100% sure but the Q-park Multi story / underground car park which is part of the Liverpool One complex did have free bike lockers upon opening. Not too sure if thats the case still but worth a phone call. Sorry I cant help more.

Thanks-looking at the Liverpool-1 website:

Liverpool ONE also has a dedicated Cycle Storage Facility located within the Liverpool ONE Car Park accessible from Route 56 via Thomas Steers Way.

Liverpool ONE’s cycle store is a state of the art facility managed by Q Park. It boasts gated cycle storage, 50 cycle bays, CCTV monitoring and 24hr access. Parking is charged at just £1:00 per day and is issued by an automated teller outside the store.

Think I'll give them a ring to make sure it's open etc.

OP
OP
400bhp

400bhp

Guru
Any Liverpool commuters care to comment on my intended route?

(From the north of warrington): A5080 Cronton Rd, then turn left just before Broad Green station onto Thingwall Rd to join B5178 (Hugh Street/Picton Rd) towards John Moores Uni.

Chances are I would be on these roads around 9am. I could probably pick my way slightly north of the A5080 I suppose

ohnovino

Large Member
I'd probably take a more southerly route; party because it's just what I'm used to, but also the roads near the M62 are rat-runs with messy junctions. I'd try something like:

B5178 (which runs parallel-ish with the A5080)
B5171 Belle Vale Road
Woolton Road
If you follow Woolton Road, there's a signed cycle route all the way to the city centre.

Top Bottom