Secure car parking in Whitehaven.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Not quite sure if this is the right place for this question, if not, my apologies.
A group of old farts are planning a coast to coast bike ride next summer and we are looking for somewhere secure to leave two cars for few days in or near Whitehaven. We are quite happy to pay a reasonable charge for the right place. Any suggestions?

Domus

Guru
I have used a parking app in the past, can't remember what it was called, sorry but we left a car on someones drive in a nice part of Lancaster for a couple of days. You need to register as a parker and search. It worked very well.

Good luck.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have used a parking app in the past, can't remember what it was called, sorry but we left a car on someones drive in a nice part of Lancaster for a couple of days. You need to register as a parker and search. It worked very well.

Good luck.
Was it YourParkingSpace? I have used that site a few times when parking in Portsmouth for the ferry to Ouistreham. In that case, it's great as you just turn up and park at the Holiday Inn Express off the A27 then it's a 20 minute cycle to the ferry terminal. Cost about £5 per day IIRC.. Might have something in Whitehaven for the OP?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A quiet street or just Tesco car park. I left mine at the B&B we stayed at the night before, it was a terrible B&B though.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Lots of supermarket carparks now how have restrictions on length of stay

And catalytic converter thieves who watch the driver enter the store, knowing he/she will almost certainly be away long enough to get the job done.

perplexed

Guru
Not quite sure if this is the right place for this question, if not, my apologies.
A group of old farts are planning a coast to coast bike ride next summer and we are looking for somewhere secure to leave two cars for few days in or near Whitehaven. We are quite happy to pay a reasonable charge for the right place. Any suggestions?

I did the coast to coast a few years ago and stayed in the Premier Inn the night before I started. They were absolutley fine about me leaving my car there for two or three days. Of course, I don't know if you're planning to stay somewhere the night before, but that's how I did it.

Globalti

Legendary Member
GtiJunior and I parked as close as we could get to Lancaster station to take the train to Barrow then ride back. Returning tired at dusk we realised we couldn't remember where we had left the car....!

OP
OP
taximan

taximan

senex crepitu iuvenis cordi esse
Hi Guys
Thanks for your input, The reason we would like secure parking is because one of our party had the unfortunate experience of arriving back at his car after an absence of a few days only to find his tyres had been slashed. Not a good end to a few days in the hills. However, I think we are sorted now, My son has put me in contact with a friend of his who lives nearby and is willing to look after the cars while we are away.
Mike

Top Bottom