Security Reminder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
The (not so) funniest theft story I've ever heard /been involved in happened to my Mom, she'd just got a new dyson vacuum and the first time she used it, a desperate call of nature came upon her, when she came back downstairs, no vacuum and two (apparently good) guard dogs sitting looking at her with dopey faces and tongues lolling out their gobs

longers

Legendary Member
MarkF said:
I do have a crime number though, hurrah!:blush:.

Just wait a couple of weeks, you'll be contacted by Victim Support offering counselling.

yenrod

I recall the time when upon finishing training Id be pretty tired would come in and often forget to put bike away. Crime locally aint that bad surprisingly, then.

The funny thing was is that the bike never actually got taken till the morning - how do I know as I heard the gate bang ligly and the click of a bike...it was mine going to which I can only rue myself for !

I'm sorry to here MARK this hope things look up soon. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MarkF said:
I know, I know but we all do it:sad:

Last night I got back well knackered, I couldn't be botherd to chain evreything up, "It'll be all right" I thought, closed the garge door and went inside.

Got up for work this morning,

No Dawes Discovery Hybrid
No Dawes Kokomo MTB
No Dawes Galaxy
No Trek Tag-a-long, my daughters.
No Townsend whatever it is the Mrs rides.
No Falcon Combat, my lad's
:ohmy:

Now it could have been worse, at least my motorbike was still there and unscratched, although how they lifted 6 bikes over it without scratching it, I'll never know. My work tools too were still there, they just wanted the bikes.:biggrin:

Now, nothing would ever have stopped them gaining entry, one way or another, but if I hadn't have been such a lazy git and had spent all of 1 minute chaining up like I normally do, then those bikes would still be mine. take care.:blush:

longers

Legendary Member
yenrod said:
The funny thing was is that the bike never actually got taken till the morning - how do I know as I heard the gate bang ligly and the click of a bike...it was mine going to which I can only rue myself for !

I had one similar to this. I got woke at abt 2 or 3 in the morning by a "crack" sort of noise - thought that's an odd noise and went back to sleep. I was fully awake but did nowt but put my head down again.

In the morning I found that they'd only cracked the large post in the shed that I had my bike locked too. (wooden bike sheds are never the best).

purpleR

Guru
Someone nicked the computer off my bike on Tuesday (it was half broken, taped onto handlebars with masking tape and only cost about a tenner in the first place) and I was annoyed for days. In fact I'm still annoyed.

So to have your bikes nicked... must be rotten. Hope the insurance comes through ok / you get your bikes back. Fingers crossed!

Keith Oates

Janner
That's real bad luck, MarkF, but I suppose you can console yourself with the thought that if You had locked them and they wanted them bad enough they would have had them anyway. No doubt you've thought about this but did they KNOW they were in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
MarkF

MarkF

Guru
Did they know? I live near the Leeds/Bradford airport, it's a nice area, plenty of nice houses and recreational stuff.:blush: Therefore lowlife cruise around all night breaking into sheds and garages, it's normal, it happens all over the area EVERY night. The police are not interested but that's another argument.

I often wonder if people outside major cities/conurbations actually appreciate how normal it is to have your shed/garge broken into and your ccyles stolen. I have been very lucky until this week.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Maybe just using a series of child safety gates would be sufficient?

Usually deters me...

Top Bottom