Seed sowing....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
love this time of year seed sowing means the start of hands in the muck for yet another year.
Never get bored of it too many happy memories it’s on of the 1st greenhouse skills I leaned with my dad. If only I’d had a quid for every tray I’d filled , every seed pricked-out and potted on over the years I’d have one heck of an expensive bike ;)

Dave 123

Legendary Member
And if I had a quid for every plant I’d pricked out or potted on I could retire... then not have to do it ever again!

Though that wouldn’t last long.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Second sowing of Spring onions in modules today.

Third sowing of sugar snap peas for transplanting, done today too.

Propagation greenhouse already half full with first spring leaves, broad beans etc

Cucumbers for polytunnel production already up.

First early carrots and beetroot up in tunnel already.

Spring madness is upon us.

Hard to resist, the urge to oversow.

Even as an allegedly 'professional' grower.. :angel:

Lullabelle

Banana
A couple of weekends ago we cleared out the shed and I threw away a lot of pots because they were cracked and old-not going to use them again. I have since acquired seeds but have no trays! A trip to the garden centre may be called for.

I have 2 apples in the fridge so when I cut 1 up to eat it I wan to save and sow the pips, see what happens.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
A timely thread. Planted a lot of broad beans into trays at the weekend.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
One of my Chilli plants, which was pruned right back in November, is growing back healthily and has a flower forming already. I doubt whether a fruit will form though.
IMG_20190228_135138552.jpg

IMG_20190228_135129667.jpg

Top Bottom